(BPT) – What makes someone decide a home is the right fit? If you’re selling your home with an open house, there’s a lot you can do to wow would-be buyers. Make the best impression and boost offers with these five tips.
1. Work from the Outside In – Poor curb appeal can turn buyers off before they step foot inside your home. Make sure the outside is every bit as beautiful as the inside. Paint the exterior if you need to, plant flowers and mow the lawn.
2. Clean Up Shop – It sounds simple, but it’s amazing how many homeowners don’t clean their homes before an open house. If nothing else, the kitchen and bathrooms must be spotless. If you don’t feel you can get your home ready on your own, hire a professional cleaning service to do the job for you. The money you spend will be well worth it when your home sells quickly and for top dollar.
3. Cut the Clutter – Even the cleanest homes still feel messy if there’s too much clutter. Before your open house, adopt a minimalist lifestyle to keep your home as clutter-free as possible.
4. Eliminate Stale Odors – Don’t underestimate the benefit of fresh air in your home. Consider using essential oils to keep your home smelling great throughout showing. Simply tap a few drops and some salt into a decorative bowl and place near a sunny window or heat register to diffuse the aroma.
5. Make Wise Investments – If your home requires improvements, allocate funds for the rooms buyers care about most – the kitchen and the master bedroom. A granite countertop, new appliance, additional closet or fresh coat of paint will work wonders when it comes time to sell.